Sabado, Agosto 11, 2012

Speech (After-Dinner)


AFTER-DINNER SPEECH

            Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen! The best question to ask you guys is that, Are your tummies are now full? OH!!! That’s great!
            VICTORS! We are the victors. That is the reason why we are all here tonight. We are celebrating the winning of our club, our very awesome TEP Literary Club in the last Urian Games.
            I know many of you here don’t recognize my black radiance. I know right? The reason why you, humans don’t notice me because I, I am from planet Pluto. Huh? Did I say Pluto?  Pluto is no longer a planet right? So, I am now from Planet MARS. For your own sake, I will introduce myself.  Really? Do I have to do this? I am not prepared. I am not prepared that’s why I made a poem just for my introduction tonight. This will be a winning piece next Urian Games. You humans should listen.

Who am I?
By: Hannah L. Yangson


Hannah is my name,
And I am not very lame.
My mom told me, I’m pretty,
And I know, that is the reality.

I love eating corn,
Since the day I was born
I have an uneven skin-tone,
Due to wrong whitening application.



When I was seven, I was attacked by a bee!
But that is not a problem, I still love Jollibee.
I know that I am weird, and that Santa has a beard.
But, don’t you worry my friend; I will be there for you ‘till the very end.



            The poem was good right? Oh! Thank you very much! So much for recognizing my unique features like Samsung Galaxy SIII. Now I will tell you a story. This is about me being a victor.
            During my elementary years, I am manly or shall I say, boyish. Boyish, not in the sense that I do have large muscles and 13 pack abs. I am boyish because I love guy games especially playing marbles. One sunny afternoon, my classmate asked me to play with him. Our deal was the one who will lose the game, will give 20 marbles to the winner. At the back of my mind, I was thinking that by winning those marbles, I can eat a lot of food because of “barter system”. I will exchange my marbles for treats. The game was on. During my turn, I easily shot the marble in the hole because playing marbles is my profession. I am very PRO!!! When it is now my classmate’s turn, I did something smelly. I did not fart, I tell you, because if I did fart, it will cause me a headache. I just manipulate the game. I told my friend which is the crush of my classmate, to distract my opponent when his turn comes. So what she did was, when my classmate was about to exert force in his fingers, she said “Hi!” to my opponent. It really distracted him because he was so obsessed to that girl even though my friend is fat and does not posses silka papaya, skin so soft, ponds, white skin. I don’t know with him, I don’t care.  So the ending was, I won and got the 20 marbles. I jumped for joy and thinking only about food. It was a happy ending, a happy ending for me. Yeah!
            Back then, after 555 or 5 minutes and 55 seconds, I realized that it is not good to do things which will be just for your own gain. I won! Yes, that’s right but, am I really happy? We should reflect to ourselves, do we have the right to receive this honor? Do we have the right to be labeled as champions? Of course we do! Because Teacher Education Program is the best.
            Now, in my 117 years of existence, I do believe that the taste of victory is great when you will do your best to reach it. I hope that all of you will agree. Dream Big, Dream High. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Have an excellent night.


----
I made this speech. This is for our Eng 107 :)

0 (mga) komento: